Engl 1301 Producing #5, Process Analysis

Engl 1301 Writing 5, Process Evaluation Essay

William Eric Heifner

Engl 1301

Fall 2013

Writing #5, Process Evaluation

" Two Jack”

When I first bought my old Chevy Silverado from your used car whole lot, I quickly fell in love with all the thing. A short test drive offered me plenty of reason to disregard the few plastic flaws and minor physical imperfections. My spouse and i liked driving it a whole lot that it did not matter to my opinion that the odometer was trapped, the air conditioner wasn't frosty, or which it didn't have a jack or lug wrench tool. I could correct what required fixing, and I could find a jack at any pawn shop…. which is exactly what My spouse and i did…. the least expensive they had. My spouse and i drove about for a couple of weeks, feeling safe and sound, before the initially blowout. That's when I realized that the jack port I had purchased was insufficient. It was this kind of realization as well as the frustration of really the need to get anywhere that sparked the motivation for my own development of what I call the " two-jack” method of changing a tyre. This method basically exactly safe, or wise, and I more than likely recommend anyone ever executing it, but in case the need ever before arises, it can be done.

The " two-jack” way of changing a tire is extremely similar to the traditional method of using just one jack port except that two jacks prefer compensate for any kind of inadequacies if the jack you have happen to flunk of being able to do the job alone. Here's just how it works.

To start with, if you are driving and have a blowout, no longer panic…at least try not to. Retain both hands around the wheel and both eye on the road, remaining in the street, or at least on the highway. Ease your foot off of the gas your pedal and do not apply brake pressure, not just however. The vehicle is going to slow down rapidly with the broken tire, and any immediate over utilization of the brake systems at this point may cause you to drop control. The most important thing now is to remain relaxed, retain control, and assess the situation.

Because the vehicle is definitely slowing down, make an effort to determine by simply sound and feel exactly which will tire is unsucssesful. This will be considered a key factor in deciding where to pull over to alter the tire. For instance, if the driver's side tire has blown, you should pull much enough onto the make to allow yourself room to work devoid of increased risk of being struck by transferring traffic. In case it is a traveling side car tire, you want to stop just enough to get off the trail, leaving enough shoulder tarmac underneath allowing for a good surface on which to work. If there is no glenohumeral joint, just slip along right up until you find any where or a very good flat spot of dry ground. In case you haven't previously done so, now is a good time to start up your threat lights.

Once you are safely off the road, hazard lights flashing, apply the parking brake to go out to have a glance at the situation. At all times maintain caution and a safe distance by any onset traffic.

Next you ought to chock by least one of the tires. You may use a large rock and roll or record. You can generally even break-off a sizeable chunk of asphalt through the side from the road. Something that looks like it is going to work may very well work, if anything giving you the satisfaction to think a little safer about the work at hand. Once you chock a tire, double check to make sure that the parking brake pedal has been applied. You don't want your vehicle moving while you've got it jacked up, a wheel away, and possibly some body part below.

Now that the automobile is secure along with your safety is definitely somewhat certain, you're willing to get to function. I recommend heading ahead and having ready all the things you'll need…spare tire, haul wrench, and jack. Bear in mind, at this point you happen to be under the presumption that your inexpensive pawn shop plug is going to perform the job.

Next, find the jack in position. In this example a few assume jooxie is changing a rear car tire, and on my personal old Chevy the best place to put the jack can be directly on the axle. Plug the raise until you only begin to feel the pressure in the weight with the vehicle throughout the jack, then simply use the...

Popular